recording my progress and impressions aboard the ERICA. Sail Indonesia trip from Bali to Singapore, 18 September - 6 November 2010
Saturday, 25 September 2010
Snorkeling in the Blue Lagoon
After a spring tide at full moon the surf was calm enough to take a local outrigger canoe out snorkelling at a nearby reef.We saw a large variety of very colourful tropical fish around the reef. They were completely unafraid of us and swam really close. I wish I could send a photo of the canoe but my computer collapses every time I try to download from the camera chip.They are incredible little boats and great in the surf. By the time we went to come back inshore the swell had increased and our Balinese boatman was very skilled at bringing us in. Tomorrow Catherine and I drive over to Lovina Beach in the north of Bali where Eric is waiting with Erica. We sail on Monday morning directly to Kalimantan (Borneo) - that will take us 4 days and 3 nights. Hope to get a blog posting out via e-mail during that time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.